Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Russian Spiced Tea

 This is one of those little recipes I put away in a shoe box. The past few days I've been going through the shoe box and clearing out notes, recipes, etc. that I no longer need. Then this one popped up. And as I looked it over, so many memories came over me of my childhood 2nd family, "The Stiegler Family." This is something Deb and I would make, and  I loved it. I haven't had it for many years. We didn't make it in this large of a quantity, but the ingredients are pretty darn close. 

1 3 oz jar Lipton Sweetened Ice Tea Mix

1 21.1 oz container of  Tang

1 T ground cinnamon

1 T nutmeg grated

1 T ground allspice  

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Store in a plastic container or glass jars with a tight-fitting lid. 

Use 2 heaping teaspoons in 6 ounces of hot water for hot tea or the same over cold water with ice for a summer refreshing drink.  



No comments:

Recently Added

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

  1 family size pack of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (about 10) 2 1/2  boxes of lower sodium chicken broth  2 cans of carrots 1 can...