Sunday, July 17, 2022

Fried Tomatoes

3 (or as many as you need to make) medium size almost red Maryland Tomatoes
flour
Butter
oil
nonstick fry pan
sugar

Slice the tomatoes thick. Put flour on a plate. Place each slice in flour, flip over and flour the other side. Now I like to pat each side so the juices cling onto the flour.
In a heated non-stick fry pan ( or iron skillet) heat a couple of tablespoons of oil and a pat of butter. When ready place a few slices of the prepared tomatoes, watching not to burn. Flip them over and fry the other side. I like mine crisp and golden brown.
When done place the slices on serving plate. 
I really enjoy mine with a sprinkle of sugar, I know it sounds strange, but the sugar just goes with the tomato so well. 

I don't bother making sandwiches with these fried tomatoes because I cant keep them around long enough to make the sandwich. And they are too good to cover up with bread!



No comments:

Recently Added

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

  1 family size pack of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (about 10) 2 1/2  boxes of lower sodium chicken broth  2 cans of carrots 1 can...