Friday, September 9, 2022

Some new tricks

 Social Media used in the right way can be a learning experience. I love seeing what ideas people come up with to stretch a dollar, or just be more organized. And just goes to show, an old dog can learn some new tricks! 

Here is an idea I jumped on. It helps with meal prep and saves money because there is less food waste. You see , Ive chopped 3 types of onion I use regularly and will store in mason jars in the fridge. I've done the same thing with the various shredded cheeses I use. No more bags floating around in the cheese drawer, drying out because they opened. And I cant tell you how many time one of us cuts an onion and only uses part of it, puts the remainder in a bag. It usually dries out when I find it because someone has cut yet another onion, and bagged it. ( pet peeve) Using clear mason jars allows you to see where something is, how much you have, and prevents buying more than I need. 




No comments:

Recently Added

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

  1 family size pack of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (about 10) 2 1/2  boxes of lower sodium chicken broth  2 cans of carrots 1 can...