Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Panettonne Bread Pudding

I came across this recipe a few years ago and thought I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did. I had never had Panettone Bread before , and fell in love with it. I have to limit myself to just a little or I would eat the entire loaf. This Bread Pudding recipe does it justice. I hope you give it a try, I know your family will enjoy it as much as mine does.  










Bread Pudding:
Butter
1 loaf Panettone bread, crusts trimmed, bread cut into 1-inch cubes
8 large eggs
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/4 cups sugar

Cinnamon Syrup:
cup water
1 cup dark brown sugar packed
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

For the syrup:
Combine 1 cup of water and brown sugar in a heavy medium size sauce pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Boil until the syrup reduces to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the cinnamon. Keep warm.( It can be made 1 day ahead. Cool , then cover and refrigerate. Re-warm before serving.

For the pudding:  

Lightly butter a 13 X9 X2 inch baking dish. Arrange the bread cubes in a prepared dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk and sugar to blend. Pour the custard over the bread cubes and press the cubes gently to submerge. Let stand for 30 minutes, occasionally pressing the cubes into the custard mixture. Can be prepared 2 hours ahead, cover and refrigerate)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake until the pudding puffs and is set in the center about 45 minutes. Cool slightly. Spoon the bread pudding into bowls. Drizzle with warm Cinnamon Syrup and serve...

I make this for Christmas since in our area it's the only time the grocery stores sell this bread. The family loves it. They think it doesn't even need the syrup, you be the judge on that . A scoop of vanilla ice-cream next to that warm bread pudding is just wonderful






No comments:

Recently Added

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

  1 family size pack of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (about 10) 2 1/2  boxes of lower sodium chicken broth  2 cans of carrots 1 can...